CERTIFIED PUBLIC OFFICIALS
Show commitment to your county and community;
strengthen your professionalism and competency as a leader by
participating in the Certified Public Official program.
Goals of the CPO Program
- To provide education and professional development opportunities.
- To offer tools to enhance the leadership and decision-making
ability of elected and appointed county officials.
- To increase the skills of community leaders to build
collaborative relationships and strengthen citizen participation in
- To assist county government associations in meeting the
professional development and training needs of their members.
- To maximize the limited education/training dollars available to
staff in 39 Washington counties.
- To utilize the ability and resources of the land grant
university to bring effective educational programs to county
The CPO curriculum and course design is built based
upon continuous needs assessment, course feedback, and input of the peer
Participation in this program allows county
officials to organize their professional development around critical
skills necessary to achieve excellence in their organizations. Many of
the workshops are offered in conjunction with regional association
conferences or affiliate meetings.